In June, 2000 Flagstaff Area Christians In Mission was the vision of a local group of pastors and church leaders, born out of much prayer. Their desire was to see the Church respond to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20) across denominational lines. In September 2004 the group changed its name to FaithWorks to better represent the variety of member churches and our theological purpose.
- To create partnerships among Christian ministries and individuals which give volunteers hands-on involvement in ministry, increase partners’ understanding of one another, and educate partners about other areas of the nation and world.
- To improve or expand the physical facilities needed for a Christian ministry to accomplish its mission, or to help Christian ministries in construction projects related to their mission.
- To provide medical services in under served areas.
- To provide opportunities to teach children about the saving love of Jesus Christ.
Our Core Values:
The following are the ten essentials for effectively working together with others in Christian ministry which glorifies God, proclaims Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and takes seriously the fulfilling of the Great Commission in Matthew 28:19-20.
- Jesus Christ is center of our worship and living. (Matt 22:37)
- Honesty and integrity are essential to ministry. (Col 1:10)
- Respect for different cultures is indispensable. (1 Thess 2:8)
- Individual dignity is affirmed. (1 Cor 12:27)
- Servant leadership is our standard. (John 13:15)
- The Bible is the only inspired, authoritative written Word of God and its truth is foundational to all ministry. (2 Tim 3:16-17)
- Local churches are our focus. (Eph 4:11-12)
- Innovation and teamwork are encouraged. (John 17:23)
- Keeping people growing is a high priority. (Eph 4:15-16)
- Evangelism is central to all we do. (Acts 18)